Most people want to work in a career where their earning potential is high enough for them to live comfortably.
However, when you look at the highest-paying jobs, you will see that certain professions offer far more in compensation when it comes to the highest salaries than others.
Some jobs will have you set up for life, with opportunities and a high earning potential from day one, while increasing job growth yearly.
Believe it or not, not all of the best paid jobs require years of university!
In this article, we will also be looking at jobs and careers that can earn a good salary without a degree or before you have a large amount of experience.
Read on for some fascinating information about the jobs in each industry that can earn the most amount of money.
The Top 10 Facts About the Highest Paying Careers
- The most lucrative jobs in the US are mostly jobs in the healthcare industry.
- The position of an anesthesiologist is the highest-earning position in the world, and an anesthesiologist can have a salary that reaches up to $411,000.
- If you don’t have a college degree, the highest-paid position you can get is that of a patrol officer.
- When it comes to entry-level starter jobs, the highest-earning position and one of the best careers is that of a data scientist.
- The highest-paying position in medicine is physician.
- The highest-paid of all jobs in the tech industry is that of a computer programmer.
- For those who are fascinated by the law, the job with the most potential for earning in the legal industry is partner at a law firm, followed by legal counsel.
- In terms of careers that pay well, if you’re looking to work in retail, the highest-earning job you can expect is regional manager.
- If you’re looking at the finance industry for a career, the job with the highest income is likely to be an investment banking managing director.
- The most financially rewarding job you can land in law enforcement is being an agent for the FBI.
Best Paying Jobs in the United States
1. The top-paying jobs in the US are mostly in the healthcare industry.
Out of the top 25 highest-paying professions, 14 of those are in the healthcare industry! So if you’re considering studying towards a high-paying career, consider going into healthcare.
2. The highest-earning position in the United States is that of an anesthesiologist.
Anesthesiologists are doctors who put patients under anesthetics for surgery and other procedures in a medical setting. And speaking of high paying careers, anesthesiologists earn around $267,020 yearly.
However, this is a midcareer estimate, and there is the potential to earn a lot more than that. Of course, it takes medical school and a residency to get them to the point where they’re earning that number or more.
3. Surgeons have the second-highest earning potential in the United States.
These life-saving doctors can earn around $267,020, which is around the same amount as an anesthesiologist (listed as the top-earner).
As one of the highest salary jobs, surgeons have to go to medical school, do a surgical residency, and work their way up over many years, which is why they earn such a high salary.
4. The job in third place with the highest earning potential in the United States is oral and maxillofacial surgeons.
These are surgeons who specialize in operating on the jaw and the parts of the face that are connected to the jaw. They can earn around $242,370 per year.
5. The best paying of all jobs in the United States is that of an anesthesiologist, which is also the highest-earning position in the world.
When it comes to well-paying jobs, second in the world is a surgeon, and third is a physician. So if you’re deciding what to study, going with medicine may be your best bet if you want to earn well.
Healthcare professionals are also some of the most respected members of society.
High-Paying Jobs Without a Degree or Experience
6. If you don’t have a college degree, the highest-paid position you can get is that of a patrol officer.
All you need is a high school diploma, and you can earn around $61,380 per year. Of course, it’s not a job that comes without risk, so you have to be prepared for that.
7. When it comes to entry-level jobs, the highest-earning position is that of a data scientist.
The world we live in is highly dependent on data, and that’s why you’ll find that this position earns $95,000 annually.
Following this, you’ll find the position of a software engineer, which earns $90,000 per year.
Highest-Paid Healthcare Jobs
8. Physician is the highest-paying job in medicine.
With eight years of education and a lot of practical work, it’s no wonder they earn between $119,000 and $303,000 in annual income.
These doctors take care of their patients and ensure that they are healthy and well. There are different specializations within this career choice, and it takes years of hard work to become a qualified physician.
9. The second highest-paying position in the healthcare industry is that of a pharmacy manager.
This top-paying job earns around $119,000 to $156,000 per year. Pharmacy managers have to study for between six and eight years.
Following their studies, they also have to enter the workforce and work their way up in a professional setting before they can officially become a pharmacy manager.
10. The third highest-earning position in the healthcare industry is that of a pharmacist.
This occupation can earn between $113,000 and $142,000 per year. It takes six to eight years to study towards becoming a pharmacist.
Top Paying Jobs by Industry
11. The highest paying position in the tech industry is that of a computer programmer.
At an entry-level position, they will earn around $44,450 annually. However, they can earn as much as $130,800, depending on their years of experience, level of skill, and where they work.
12. For those who are fascinated by the law, the job with the most potential for earning in the legal industry is a partner at a law firm, followed by legal counsel.
(Simply Law Jobs)
One of the highest paying jobs in the legal industry, being a partner at a law firm, will earn around $90,414 or more, depending on their level of skill and expertise.
Legal counsel will earn around $69,784 or more, depending on their experience and where they work.
13. For those who have a brain for business, the position of an entrepreneur has the highest earning potential.
This is because those who start their own ventures won’t have their potential earnings capped. An entrepreneur can earn as much as $1 million in annual income.
Of course, the reason this is always in the top 100 of the highest-paying jobs is because of the risk that is involved in starting a business from scratch.
14. The median salary for those in the media industry shows that director of publicity is the highest-paying position.
(The Balance Careers)
The amount of money you make in the media industry can depend on who you are, where you work, and how well you do your job.
For example, the median salary for a news anchor is around $60,000, and Katie Couric signed on with CBS for $15 million per year.
An influencer, which can be one of the highest-paying part-time jobs, can earn anywhere between $35,000 and $50,000, a social media strategist can earn around $50,000, and a social media consultant can earn around $57,000.
16. The highest-paid professionals in the marketing industry are chief marketing officers.
They can earn around $80,253 to $253,036. Those who specialize in online marketing and product marketing can earn 10% higher.
And those who specialize in strategic marketing earn 6% higher than the average.
17. The most financially rewarding job you can land in law enforcement is being an agent for the FBI.
This is one of the highest-paid government jobs within the law enforcement industry. The average field agent working for the Federal Bureau of Investigation earns around $64,168. FBI agents usually have at least a Bachelor’s Degree.
18. The highest-earning criminal justice job is that of a lawyer.
Lawyers can expect to earn around $142,000 a year. In order to become a lawyer, you have to complete a law degree and pass the bar exam in the jurisdiction in which you plan to practice law.
19. When it comes to education, the highest-earning position is a school principal.
(Best College Reviews)
The average income for the highest paying of all careers in education is around $90,410 per year.
The principal is in charge of the whole school and the staff members who work for the school.
20. If you’re looking to work in retail, the highest-earning job you can expect is a regional manager.
The average regional manager earns around $77,408 in yearly income. Of course, it all depends on who the employer is. The more prestigious brands may pay their regional managers a higher amount.
21. An investment banking managing director is one of the highest-paid careers in the finance industry.
This is one of the most prestigious jobs you can have in the world of finance and comes with a paycheck of between $110,000 and $315,000 depending on the institution that you work for.
22. If you’re a creative person and are looking for a way to cash in on your creativity, then being an art director may be for you.
This position can earn you around $92,780 a year. Art directors do many different things, depending on the business they work for.
However, they are generally in charge of the visual aspect of a product, brand, or performance.
23. The highest paying of all engineering jobs is that of a big data engineer.
(Case Western Reserve University)
Data is incredibly important in this modern day and age, but it’s only important if people can understand it.
And people can only understand it if it’s organized, and that’s where big data engineers come in. The average salary you can expect in this position is $155,500.
24. If you want to work towards a career in the sciences, then consider psychology as an option.
Psychologists work with the human mind and human behavior, depending on their specialty. The average salary for a psychologist is around $85,180.
25. The position of a hotel operations manager is the highest-paying of all jobs in the hospitality industry.
The average salary for a hotel operations manager is around $52,000 to $114,000, depending on the hotel they work for.
Just like the title implies, they are in charge of the day-to-day operations of the hotel they manage.
26. If traveling is something you want to do for a living, then you should consider being an airline pilot as they earn the most in the travel industry.
The average pilot’s salary is around $137,330. Of course, you have to be prepared to go through flight school and earn your pilot’s license to get the highest-paid of all jobs in the travel industry.
27. The highest-earning jobs in IT are business continuity analysts and computer and information scientists and researchers.
Business continuity analysts earn, on average, between $95,000 and $105,000.
Furthermore, computer and information scientists and researchers earn between $77,000 and $125,000.
28. If you have a communications degree and are looking to make the most money you can, the highest-paid position in the industry is senior vice president of sales.
In this high-paying career, you could earn $208,500 in the middle of your career.
Following senior vice president of sales is the position of vice president of business development with an average mid-career income of around $168,000.
29. In the agricultural industry, the highest-paying position you can have is as an agricultural lawyer.
The lawyers earn around $115,820 a year in their specialization. Of course, you can’t just wake up and decide to be an agricultural lawyer. You will need a law degree for that.
30. For those who want to work with their hands, one of the highest-paying jobs without a degree belongs to the people who install and repair elevators.
(The Balance Careers)
The average annual income of someone who has this job is $79,780. Of course, they need to comply with safety regulations and be skilled in their department. It’s not an easy job, but it does pay well.
Which is the highest-paid job in the world?
The highest-paid job in the world is that of the anesthesiologist. For a living, these medical professionals ensure that patients are under anesthetics during surgery or other operations and that they are closely monitored during this time.
This position takes years of medical school, practical experience, internships, and more. However, once they are qualified, their earning potential is higher than that of any other job in any other industry.
What is the highest-paying job in the US?
Same as above. Anesthesiologists are the highest-paid professionals in the world as well as in the United States. Their earning potential is extremely high as they are highly skilled and trained individuals who have been through years of schooling to get to where they are.
If you are considering becoming an anesthesiologist, make sure that it is something that interests you greatly as there is much studying involved in becoming one.
What jobs can make you rich?
If you want to become rich and are willing to study hard to get there, then becoming a doctor should be your number one career goal.
Of course, if medicine isn’t what you want to be involved with, you should consider a career in finance as an investment banker. Real estate agents also have the ability to earn large sums of money, although it does depend on the listings they get and the sales that they make.
And if you are someone who loves the legal system, then consider a career as a lawyer if you want to have a high earning potential.
What is the lowest-paying job?
The lowest-paying job in the United States is that of a person who works with food preparation and serving in the fast-food industry.
Following that are dishwashers and cashiers. These are considered unskilled jobs, and that’s why they pay so low.
At the end of the day, the highest paying jobs generally require years of studying. However, there are other ways to make sure that you earn well throughout your career.
Through hard work and developing skills unique to your industry, you can ensure that you have a career that gives you job satisfaction as well as pays the bills at the end of the month.
Of course, if you’re deciding what to study to help you get one of the jobs that make good money, you might want to consider healthcare careers as they are top earners in the United States. T
his industry has high salary rankings among all the different sectors.
- Best College Reviews
- Best Colleges
- Best Colleges
- Career Addict
- Career Addict
- Career Addict
- Career Profiles
- Case Western Reserve University
- Criminal Justice
- Get Educated
- Job Monkey
- NBC News
- Simply Law Jobs
- The Balance Careers
- The Balance Careers
- The Street