Job Type: Full-time
Full Job Description
- Prepares medications for pharmacist verification prior to refill in automated dispensing machines. Packs and labels medication orders requested from units, includes unit dose packaging products as indicated. Delivers medications to automated dispensing machines and uses expiration tracking feature. Monitors the automated dispensing cabinets notifications. Alerts pharmacist if unable to resolve notifications.
- Delivers patient medication doses to the proper unit area(s) and returns unused or discontinued doses to the pharmacy. Retrieves discharged patient medications from storage areas on nursing units to reduce the opportunity for wrong-patient related safety concerns.
- Assures supplies are safe by conducting monthly inspections of all areas where drugs are stored (in Pharmacy and other departments) replacing outdated or unusable medications.
- Assures medications are available for patients by assisting in inventory control including: ordering, checking in orders, stocking shelves, updating the computerized inventory system, rotating stock, processing recalls and conducting quarterly inspections of all areas where drugs are stored in the pharmacy for outdated and unusable medications and quarantining them in a separate are from useable stock.
- Follows all procedures for documenting and dispensing controlled substances. Handles controlled substances in a manner that ensures accountability and security.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No experience required
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.