Full Job Description
Part Time – 7:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. rotating days – Every 8th Weekend
To provide nutrition-related expertise in the interdisciplinary team management of all hospitalized patients.
- Provide quality patient care to diverse patient populations using Medical Nutrition Therapy to include assessment, goals and plan of care.
- Accountable as nutrition liaison/expert to assigned units &/or committees responding to needs and initiatives for nutrition care process improvement.
- Demonstrate effective communication methods as a collaborative member of the interdisciplinary care team.
- As required, knowledgeable about outpatient billing guidelines and performs necessary documentation to ensure compliance of client charges with regulatory requirements.
- Formulate a Nutrition Diagnosis and identify Malnutrition through application of Nutrition Focused Physical Assessment and the nationally established criteria for identification of malnutrition.
- Provide appropriate nutritional education and counseling based upon patient/family learning needs and abilities.
- As required, demonstrate professional writing skills adaptable to all health literacy levels in preparing materials, presentations and other communications.
- Provide timely interventions as determined by Nutrition Risk level and the Plan of Care.
- Participate in department based Quality Process Improvement activities with an ability to actively endorse evidence based practice.
- Appropriate execution of order writing as governed by the Dietitian Delegation Order system protocol.
Masters or B.S. in Nutrition and Dietetics degree. 1-2 years healthcare experience preferred.Skills:Analytical skills to accurately assess, plan, and evaluate outcomes.Interpersonal skills to effectively interact with a diverse population and collaborate in a team environment.Strong nutrition education/counseling and mentoring skills.Critical thinking skills for sound decision making.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Registered Dietitian with Commission on Dietetic Registration or registration exam eligible with employment contingent upon passing the RD examination within 3 months of date of hire. Maintenance of registration as demonstrated by 75 CEU credits every 5 years. Licensed Dietitian ? Nutritionist (LDN) with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania within 6 months of hire and maintenance of PA-LDN as demonstrated by 30 CEU credits every 2 years.
- Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist (LDN)
- Registered Dietitian (RD)
- Act 34
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran