Texas Christian University
Work type: Full-time
Location: TCU Main Campus
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
- Assists with the daily operations of the athletic training room.
- Cares for athletic injuries.
- Works closely with team physicians to develop and implement a rehabilitation program for injured student athletes.
- Determines return to play criteria for each injured student athlete under their care.
- Works with team physicians and medical staff in the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation for the sick or physically injured student athlete.
- Assists with administrative duties by processing and filing insurance claims, maintaining medical records, inventorying and ordering medical supplies as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 years of athletic training experience.
- 1 year college or professional experience in athletic training.
- Certified Athletic Trainer, N.A.T.A. BOC.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Must be insurable under the university motor vehicle requirements.
- Licensed Athletic Trainer – Texas State Statue 313.1 and/or eligible under certification by BOC.
- Knowledge of the care, prevention and rehabilitation of athletic injuries (proven).
- Skill in basic office and computer applications and programs.
- Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
- Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
- Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
- Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.]
- Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
- Work is indoors and outdoors and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
- There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
This job description includes the expectation of compliance with NCAA regulations. An institutional staff member who is found in violation of NCAA regulations shall be subject to disciplinary or corrective action as set forth in the provisions of the NCAA enforcement procedures, including suspension without pay or termination of employment for significant or repetitive violations.