Full Job Description
Zollege is currently searching for a Part Time Dental Assistant Instructor to join the Wichita Falls team.
Zollege leads the change in the for-profit certificate market so that students begin their careers with zero federal financial aid and minimal debt. We believe in hands-on learning, relationship building, and teamwork. We are seeking experienced dental assistants with a passion for training the next generation to join our team.
As a Dental Assistant Instructor, you will combine your passion for dentistry with your ability to mold and shape students to bring hands-on education to the students of our dental assistant school.
Instructor positions are part- time with classes held on Saturdays 7am-6:30pm
Our intense,12 week program is designed to provide accessible, hands-on education to students from all walks of life. Classes take place directly in a dental office rather than in a traditional classroom – allowing students to learn in the very same environment they will eventually work in. Instructors will use their chair-side experience and training to teach our students the skills they need to succeed as entry-level dental assistants.
$19-$21 an hour, depending on experience.
- Prepare for each class by reviewing our curriculum that we provide for each instructor, which may utilize lab stations.
- Demonstrate dental skills/procedures and assist students as they practice hands-on in the lab.
- Evaluate individual/group performance and make any necessary adjustments to meet student learning needs.
- Enforce classroom management and ensure that safety precautions are adhered to.
- Ability to convey curriculum and pertinent skills via lecture and hands-on demonstrations.
- High school diploma or GED ( Required)
- 5+ years of recent dental assistant or chair-side experience ( Required)
- CPR/BLS certification ( Highly Preferred)
- Familiarity with Dentrix ( Highly Preferred)
- General Dentistry skills and procedures experience ( Preferred)
- Basic computer skills such as emailing, printing, scanning, troubleshooting, connecting to WiFi, etc. ( Preferred)
- A passion for helping others achieve their personal goals.
- Strong communication skills.
Job Type: Part-time