ProHEALTH is one of the largest private multi-specialty medical practices in the Northeast and has been serving the health needs of Long Island and the Greater New York Metropolitan area since 1997. With over 900 providers in 300 locations, our goal is to provide quality health care to ensure that our patients get the right care at the right time.
We’re a dynamic and growing health care organization, offering a wide range of employment opportunities. We are seeking professional and dedicated individuals to be part of our team, where integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance are among our core principles.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and opportunity for growth and advancement.
ProHEALTH Urgent Care is currently seeking a per diem Physician Assistant to join our growing team at various locations throughout Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Bronx, Nassau and Suffolk. We are looking for friendly team players who can work well in a fast paced environment.
- Under the supervision of the Physician, assist physicians in providing diagnostic healthcare services to patients of all ages Take medical histories, examine patients, order diagnostic testing, interpret test results, make diagnoses, create treatment plans
- Perform minor surgical procedures including laceration repair, incision and drainage and foreign body removal
- Perform splinting and casting for minor orthopedic injuries
- Document patient encounters thoroughly and accurately
- Conduct follow up calls to patients; handle incoming patient, pharmacy or physician calls
- Operate as a team alongside physicians, medical assistants, radiology technologists, clerical staff and management
- Current NYS PA Licensure
- NCCPA Certification
- ACLS Certification
- 1 Year of Emergency Medicine or Urgent Care experience
- Strong clinical skills including suturing, splinting, casting, etc.
- Strong customer service skills and computer skills
ProHEALTH strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.