NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU Langone Health is one of the nation’s leading orthopedic and rheumatologic, specialty hospitals dedicated to the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases. The hospital provides some of the most advanced orthopedic programs in the region for musculoskeletal disorders and the largest pediatric orthopedic program in New York City. The hospital is consistently ranked among the leading orthopedic centers nationwide by U.S. News and World Report. Our expert physicians combine extensive experience and research with the latest technology for bone and joint problems that affect patient’s ability to function. We specialize in the following areas: Orthopedic Surgery, Rheumatology, Neurology, and Radiology. Learn more about NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Director-Pharmacy.
In this role, the successful candidate provides direct supervision for Assistant Director of Pharmacy and oversees the staff within the operations area. Responsible for all operational aspects of pharmacy services. Acts as a liaison between physicians, nursing, pharmacy staff and hospital administration. Assists the Senior Director in coordinating the activities of the LOH site. Provides direction for the development and implementation of new pharmacy programs and services within the Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Recommends action on appointments, termination, promotion, salary and other related personnel matters.
- Assists clinical leadership in developing policy regarding drug utilization and administration.
- Ensures representation of Pharmacy on Medical Center committees on which a pharmacy advisor is indicated.
- Coordinate the development and direct the implementation of new programs and services.
- Identify the need where appropriate for expansion and improvement of pharmacy services in keeping with the corresponding growth and development of the NYU Hospital Center system.
- Participates and assists in the management and administration of all areas of the department as needed including development, implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures.
- Participates collegially in the development of new programs, services, practices of the department.
- Maintains awareness of contemporary trends in the profession through the professional literature and by consistent attendance at professional organization meetings and/or seminars.
- Routinely evaluates current processes to ensure medications are prepared, delivered and administered to all patients in an accurate, safe and expeditious manner.
- Participates in providing experiential training for Pharmacy Residents and Pharmacy Students.
- Serves as a resource to pharmacists, medical and nursing staff.
- Assures compliance with the rules and regulations promulgated by State, Federal and other regulatory agencies.
- Management of inventory, budget development and other aspects related to medication procurement and distribution.
- Implements new programs and departmental policies.
- Supervision of staff.
- Doctoral degree (Pharm. D.) in Pharmacy, NYS Pharmacy license.
- Minimum 5 years in progressive pharmaceutical management position. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Leadership qualities.
Advanced degree in related pharmaceutical field, 10 years experience in progressive pharmaceutical management position.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view the NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.