Elliot Health System
Company: Elliot Health System
Address: 1 Elliot Way Manchester, NH 03103
Category: Allied Health / Clinical
Functions as an integral member of the care delivery team by providing direct and indirect patient care under the direction of a RN and Clinical Educator and within the scope of practice of a student in a Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) program. Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides for personal care, emotional support and performs more complex clinical skills under the direction of an RN.
- Performs or assists patients in the completion of activities of daily living.
- Utilizes basic knowledge of growth and development to provide age-specific patient care.
- Provides basic support to patients and families in response to identified psychosocial needs and cultural and religious preferences.
- Performs clinical tasks within the scope of LNA practice, in accordance with policies and procedures of the Elliot Health System.
- Reports all observations, symptoms, deviations from normal, and changes in patient’s condition to the Registered Nurse
- Assists others in performing selected patient care activities or tasks as appropriate.
- Documents in selected areas of the medical record, as appropriate, according to policies and procedures and scope of practice
- Follows all infection prevention/universal precautions policies as appropriate.
- Incorporates safety principles, policies and procedures into daily practice.
- Ensures confidentiality of all patient, employee, legal, budget, and company matters. Maintains patient privacy and dignity.
- Performs designated direct and indirect patient care, clerical and environmental duties as assigned or directed.
- Demonstrates sensitivity, privacy and respect to the patient, family and/or significant other(s).
- Maintains frequency of patient observational checks as directed by the physician or nurse, documenting each check.
- When assigned to the 1:1 observation of a patient to assure his/her safety, does not leave the patient until relieved by another staff person; never leaves the patient unattended unless directed by the nurse.
- Reports all details of the shift to the assigned nurse at the end of shift or during the shift if there is a change in patient behavior or significant information to report.
- Communicates and interacts with internal and external customers of various ages.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrate and apply effective communication skills: verbal, written, visual and listening.
- Demonstrate ability to work with others
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrate ability to work as a team member
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of growth and development and awareness of age-appropriate care
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Enrolled in an LNA program. If the employee withdraws from the program the employee will no longer be eligible to remain in the LNA position.
- Experience: None required.
- Certification/Licensure: BLS authorization preferred or obtained within 90 days of date of hire. LNA license is required to be obtained within 60 days of completion of course. If it is not obtained, the employee will no longer be eligible to remain in the LNA position.