The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth)
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) is seeking applicants for an Hospitalist position.
The hospitalist is the heart of the success and sustainability of the Hospitalist Service at Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital. Foremost, the hospitalist will be dedicated to providing the highest standard of compassionate, skilled medical care possible to each patient.
Position Key Accountabilities:
– Provides exceptional medical care in adherence with established best practice.
– Responsible for sensitive and professional communication of medical care
plan to patients and families as well as to appropriate other health care
– Works to create team strength by participating in scheduled, as well as
informal, discussions that address team work flow and interpersonal issues as
they may affect work environment.
– Communicates respectfully and professionally in all work-related interactions.
– Participates in team work sessions that seek ways to make patient care more
efficient, to create appropriate consistency in medical care among teams, and
to ensure meeting or exceeding best practice guidelines.
– Pursues opportunities for physician learning in case management, coding and
compliance and risk management
– Board certified or board prepared and be licensed to practice in the State of
Texas or eligible to be licensed.
– Excellent communicator with an inherent tendency and desire for growth as a
– Innate ability to remain attuned and sensitive to multiple interests at work.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
UTHealth is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment-related activities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law or university policy. Reasonable accommodation, based on disability or religious observances, will be considered in accordance with applicable law and UTHealth policy. The University maintains affirmative action programs with respect to women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and eligible veterans in accordance with applicable law.