Integrated Pain Management Medical Group
IPM Medical Group is the leader in cutting edge pain management techniques. Our doctors are nationally known experts in the field. We are deeply involved in clinical research focused on developing the treatment solutions of tomorrow. Our rehabilitation programs for chronic pain sufferers set the standard in holistic approaches for managing chronic pain.
We are looking for a psychologist to provide pain psychology services to outpatients at our Fairfield clinic. The psychologist evaluates, administers and scores tests, provides individual care and support to our patients. Duties may also include providing support to our Functional Restoration Program including delivery of psycho educational classes or seeing patients 1:1 enrolled in our program.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Collaborating with a team of psychologists, physical therapists and medical physicians in the provision of interdisciplinary care.
- Individual patient appointments 20-60 minutes in duration, and approximately 7 per day.
- Participation in psychology department meetings and weekly interdisciplinary rounds.
- Weekly teaching on psycho-educational topics to groups of chronic pain patients.
- 2-3 weekly behavioral and psychological assessments with accompanying comprehensive evaluative reports.
- Maintain timely weekly progress notes, billing and requests for additional care.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- California Licensed Psychologist.
- Experience in assessment and treatment of patients with chronic pain conditions.
- Experience with Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy and Mindfulness-oriented interventions (including ACT).
- Trauma background with ability to do EMDR is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish rapport with patients, families, professionals, and co-workers.
- Able to work with patients using sound judgment.
- An attitude of excellence in providing quality patient care.
IPM Medical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer