San Ysidro Health
Work in collaboration as an integral member of the multi-disciplinary healthcare team, displaying clinical competency, professional ethics and sound judgment to perform clinical assessments and develop and provide treatment plans. Based on the diagnosis given by the healthcare provider, provide quality treatment to cure, relieve or improve the medical condition causing the patient’s complaint
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Meet with patient and assess patient’s condition to obtain information about their complaints, symptoms, medical history, diet, lifestyle and psychological health.
- Maintain safe and clean treatment environment and comply with procedures, rules, regulations and laws relating to Chiropractic services.
- Make diagnosis and determine treatment strategies and utilize chiropractic manipulations for treatment to prevent or modify the perception of pain or to normalize physiological functions.
- Explain procedures to patients and prepare them for treatment.
- Obtain informed consent prior to administering therapy.
- Evaluate the effects of treatments by observing, noting and evaluating patients’ progress; modify treatments as needed.
- Document all treatments and patient’s response to therapy in patient’s chart.
- Maintain thorough documentation of all treatments and submit encounters in a timely basis.
- Attend department meetings and complete required peer reviews assigned.
- Coordinate with referring provider and/or primary care provider as necessary.
- Enhance professional growth and development through continuing education, current literature review, in-service meetings and workshops.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Support the vision, mission and goals, and demonstrate a commitment to the values, of the organization.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the implementation of the six standards of the patient-centered medical home model of care to promote:
- Patient–Centered Access for both routine and urgent needs of patients/families/caregivers at all times.
- Team-Based Care by providing Care using culturally and linguistically appropriate, team based approaches.
- Population Health Management by participating in evidence-based counseling/education regarding disease management and unhealthy behaviors.
- Care Management and Support through systematically identifying individual patients and their action plans, and manages and coordinates care based on need.
- Care Coordination and Care Transitions across specialty care, facility-based care and community organizations.
- Performance Measurement and Quality Improvement by using data to identify opportunities for improvement and acts to improve clinical quality, efficiency and patient experience.
- Maintains and adheres to established departmental policies and procedures as needed, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, in-service meetings and workshops. Remains current in literature pertaining to primary specialty.
- Attends meetings as required and participates in committees as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education Required (Minimum level of education): Doctor of Chiropractic Degree from an accredited chiropractic college.
Certifications/Licenses Required: Current license in good standing to practice Chiropractic in the State of California. Certified by the California Board of Chiropractic Examiners. CPR certification.
Experience Required (Minimum level of experience): Completion of clinical training. Preferred: 3 year post completion of clinical training.
Verbal and Written Skills Required to Perform the Job: Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Good oral and written communication
Technical Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job: Skills of chiropractic manipulation and maneuvers.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements: Prolonged periods of standing and walking. Frequent sitting. May assist patients in getting onto examination table. May be required to work at other sites.
San Ysidro Health is a Federally Qualified Health Care organization committed to providing high quality, compassionate, accessible and affordable healthcare services for the entire family.
The organization was founded by seven women in search of medical services for their families and community. Almost 50 years later, San Ysidro Health now provides innovative care to over 92,000 patients through a vast and integrated network of 34 program sites across the county. San Ysidro Health could not serve our patients without the dedication of our passionate and hardworking employees.
Apply today and become a part of our mission-driven team!
San Ysidro Health has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all applicants for employment. Employment decisions including, but not limited to, those such as employee selection, performance evaluation, administration of benefits, working conditions, employee programs, transfers, position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and separations are made without regard to reace, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status, ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.